Wednesday 26 October 2011

Beginning



Introduction


I’m building a mud hut style, straw bale meditation space in the heart of Worcestershire. I am going to try and do as much of the planning and labouring as I can, but will definitely need a little help from my friends, to get me by. The building is going to be experimental, and have as low as possible environmental impact. I hope you enjoy watching it's progress.


So far, since we’ve had no real rain, I have cleared the site, dug the foundations, laid the foundations, laid the base block work and started the brick work course. All this is very important to ensure that the straw has a sturdy base that is well off the ground away from moisture. It’s been hard work, but I’m loving working outside because the weather has been amazing (so far!) 


I will try and keep you updated as much as possible, let me know if there is anything you want to know.

The JCB
Base

Block work

No comments:

Post a Comment